Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday 6th

Georgie seems to have pretty much fought off the pneumonia now. She was put onto a single course of oral anti-biotics from Monday to Friday. The dr said everybody thinks that anti-biotics fix pneumonia but that's not really true he said it's still really up to the person to fight it off and clear their own chest etc. I know plenty of people were praying too.
She slept most of last night after midnight other than when we woke her up by turning her in bed.
She has been making little sounds lately from time to time. Mostly when she has something painful like with the chest trouble but sometimes little kind of contented sighs. (I don't know what it means and I don't want to get anybodys hopes up at all and wasn't even sure whether to say anything at all - but it is just something different after total silence for two years.) A nurse commented to me last night that she had told the other nurses about this too she said she made a sound that sounded like a word. I asked her what it was and she said it sounded like "get!" Anyway sad as it all is it made me laugh. Some of the nurses are really good value.
I was reading the bible in the parent's room at the hospital at about 4.30am the other morning and these verses gave me something to think about.

"And in this I give advice; It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also must be a completion out of what you have"
2 Corinthians 8 v 10,11

2 comments:

  1. so glad to hear Georgie has once more proven her strength. What an amazing child she is! It is nice she is making little sounds, even though I understand why you don't want to read too much into it at this stage. Lori made little sounds after being in her coma a while and her first real word was "NO!" so a bit of continuity there between the girls. She said it to a nurse replacing her NG tube!

    Glad to see the up to date picture of Georgie. All these moments are to be cherished and I'm sure she will continue to provide you with joy. Glad also she is getting to visit with her friends. Familiar voices are very important, as no one truly understands the brain. Lori has recently begun to remember her time in hospital and has recalled incidents that happened whilst she was unconscious and were so minor that we have never discussed them since. Made me think of Georgie when she was telling me about them and made me wonder what little Georgie's brain is taking in during her prolonged sleep.

    God bless you all and keep your strength up

    Your Scottish prayer group

    The Fultons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg,
    What amazing news - sounds and responses! There is no way you can raise my hopes ....... after all, we have been praying! Whatever it all means, it comes from a loving God and taht's enough for a simple believer like me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi You can leave us a message here!