Friday, August 21, 2009

A friend sent this text yesterday. I find the Psalms help give us guidelines to pray.

Psalm 3
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1O Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2Many are saying of me,
“God will not deliver him.” Selah
a
3But you are a shield around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me and lift
b up my head.
4To the Lord I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah
5I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
6I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.
7Arise, O Lord!
Deliver me, O my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.
8From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi You can leave us a message here!